KEYETC Electronic Technology Bilingual Enterprise Official Website CaseRead More
A university is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education and directly managed by the central government at the vice-ministerial level; it ranks among the national 211 projects, 985 projects, and world-class university construction universities. This cloud computing platform of the university information center: there are currently more than 200 units of rental websites or applications, including WEB servers and a small number of application servers leased by secondary units of the school. The information center adopts the cloud computing model. At present, there are more than 1,000 virtual servers in the data center. Due to the bottleneck of the cloud computing resource pool and storage resource pool of the information center due to the development of the business, it is necessary to expand the computing and storage resources.
User needs and challenges:
1. Due to the development of the business, the virtualized storage space capacity is insufficient, and the storage capacity needs to be expanded. At the same time, the utilization rate of the computing resource pool is high, and the computing resource pool needs to be expanded.
2. The infrastructure platform of the data center must have the characteristics of cloud computing such as agility, efficiency, elasticity, and high availability.
3. It is necessary to integrate resources, and migrate some of the application virtual machines with high utilization rate to the expansion platform to prevent resource bottlenecks from affecting the business.
1. Server virtualization: VMware vSphere
2. Storage virtualization: VMware vSAN
3. Physical server vSAN hardware compatibility health check
1. Advancement: define the infrastructure through the construction of software to support the strategic development goals of the university's digital campus.
2. Flexibility: a self scaling self service architecture that matches application changes to support current and future applications.
3. Usability: application usability guarantees that match the digital campus.
4, Standardization: the formation of the university hardware equipment procurement standards, simplify the hardware procurement process, the formation of digital campus information management standards.